Thursday, February 7, 2008

Passion Vine Blooming! (Passiflora)

I thought my Passion Vine (Passiflora) was a goner after I brought in from outside this past fall, since I let the frost get to it. I took a few cuttings in hopes to save some of it. Thankfully the plant itself made it (the cuttings did not). I set it aside for the winter off to the side of the 400W, and surprise surprise, it started blooming.


I had my doubts about even keeping this alive for the winter, since it won't live outside here in zone 2. I tried overwintering some peonies, but for some reason, that did not work out. So needless to say, I am really happy to see this living, let alone blooming in the middle of winter.


I had to stick in a couple close up shots, just because I can....lol. This would be quite the plant to play "Name this plant" with, and only use close up shots.


I just love flowers, they are all so different, and it just amazes me that nature can create things this beautiful.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Great pictures! That's such a beautiful flower! (I'm glad it's not a peperomia "flower"!) I might need to get one of those plants for my outdoor garden!

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY! That's stunning! Congrats!