Thursday, February 28, 2008

Baby Dragons!!

I don't think I have ever planted seeds that came up as fast as these "Dragon Fruit" seeds (hylocereus). It has only been a few days, and all three cups of seeds have signs of life. In each cup I used, there are at least 6 seedlings. I am going to let them grow a couple more weeks before I transplant them into separate pots.




Another one of my Lipstick plants (Aeschynanthus) is starting to bloom. It has been in direct sun for a while, turning the top layer of leaves a nice hue of purple. I have to admit that close up, the plant looks somewhat burnt, but at least it is throwing out some flowers. My Longicaulis lipstick plant is almost finished blooming. This one has been flowering non-stop for a couple months now.



I have made a new "blogging" rule for myself. I read so many blogs in the run of a day, but never really comment on them, unless I have something to say. I am going to start leaving comments on every blog I read, so that the blog author knows there is an audience. I am quite honored when people leave comments for me, so I figure I should return the favor and leave comments on other blogs.

Thank you everyone that stops in once in a while, it is nice to know that someone, somewhere is reading my blog with interest.

3 comments:

mr_subjunctive said...

Reading with interest? Hell, your blog's so good, I'm stealing your photos!

(Not really. I mean, I think I'm following the CC license appropriately.)

I always mean to leave comments, but there's only ever just so much time, so I usually only do if something comes immediately to mind. I don't even always leave comments back on my own blog, for the same reason. Commenting is hard.

Oh, and about the Hylocereus seedlings: OMG OMG ZOMG!

Aiyana said...

Hi Tracy,
That's an ambitious goal--leaving a comment on every blog you visit! It's hard for me to try to just keep up regular postings on my blog, and I do visit others' blogs but I usually only comment when I have something to say, a question to ask, or something to share. That in itself takes up more time than I need to spend on the computer. It's showing up more and more in my bottom!
Good luck on your goal!
Aiyana

Tracy said...

HA HA, now I am just laughing at myself, because as I was reading a few blogs, I could not for the life of me think of something to say.....maybe I should just that I am speechless.....I am going to try but it does seem to be a little harder than I thought.