Friday, December 14, 2007

Gold Zygocactus!!! Thor Series

WooHoo!! I went to the nursery today to wander around and drink my coffee. I was kind of disappointed when I walked in and saw poinsettias as far as the eye can see. Don't get me wrong, there are some really beautiful cultivars out there, but I am not that much into them. I was on the prowl for hoya's and gessie's.


Well never mind the hoya's or gessie's for now, I found a gold zygocactus from the Thor series. I just had to have a gold zygocactus after seeing a few pics on another forum. Imagine my surprise when not only did I find one, but a named one at that. The gold zygo is called "Thor Alex". I also got a cutting of "Thor Livia", which should be a white flower. I also already have "Thor Zita". Just another plant I can obsess over.


"Thor Zita"

I probably won't see too many more flowers this year. The buds tend to drop once I get them home, which is understandable, they are said to drop their buds if they are moved once buds have set. But at least I have them. I can't wait until I force them into bloom, hopefully once they are used to my house, they will keep their buds.


"Thor Alex"

No comments: